seminarista
Welcome to Seminarista.heavenforum.org!

Please feel free to register / log in to see the forum's entirety.

God bless and keep the faith!

Registration difficulties? email - joelsioson @ yahoo (dot) com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

seminarista
Welcome to Seminarista.heavenforum.org!

Please feel free to register / log in to see the forum's entirety.

God bless and keep the faith!

Registration difficulties? email - joelsioson @ yahoo (dot) com

seminarista
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corporate-Formative Trainings

4 posters

Go down

Corporate-Formative Trainings Empty Corporate-Formative Trainings

Post by Brian.Bernardo Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:17 pm

We're developing training modules (eventually facilitate them) that aims to find that connection between Corporate skills (skills learned in the working environment) and Life skills (very much like the formation we received in the seminary) - it has a single purpose, to provide the lay with the tools they could use both in their professional lives and in their participation in the Church (and Vice Versa). The courses vary from Project Management Trainings (how to plan, prepare, start, and of course finish a project - seems every organization or groups in the church do have projects...may also include finding the budget for it,hehe), First things First (yeap, based on Covey's Time management - very useful), Presentation Dynamics (includes standing infront of people and managing nervousness), and Team Dynamics and Managing Diversity (everybody happy tongue)

I found this particularly interesting being in the seminary as well as in the corporate world - we do have seen both worlds. and if there are those who can find meaningful connections between work and life, it'd be through our eyes. While it is true that God always sees His church through and guides it accordingly, we also do our part in sharpening the saw. The fact that we do have seminaries tells us that we need to prepare people for their ministry, there's no reason not to prepare the lay as well in view of our common priesthood. This may not be lucrative in its monetary sense, but God sure knows how to take care of His own.

If you are interested in helping this endeavor or gearing towards training/facilitating, feel free to email me at brian.bernardo@live.com On the same note, if our friend-priests, parishes, or organizations may need these kind of trainings, we'd be happy to help. Thanks guys.
Brian.Bernardo
Brian.Bernardo
Newbie Soul
Newbie Soul

Back to top Go down

Corporate-Formative Trainings Empty Re: Corporate-Formative Trainings

Post by Tovarisch Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:41 pm

If you need an extra facilitator, sign me up.
Makatulong man lang.
Tovarisch
Tovarisch
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by lpg_7578 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:07 pm

Corporate skills and life skills do indeed make a well-balanced concept of training which integrates appropriate work habits with one's spirituality. Such is the answer to our pitiful Filipino situation. You might have heard about "split-level Christianity" wherein one's habits of relating to people are contradictory to one's own beliefs. Going to Mass regularly but at home abusing domestic help are classic examples.

I am one with you in this line of thinking and am looking forward to meeting you. Corporate-Formative Trainings Icon_biggrin
lpg_7578
lpg_7578
Newbie Soul
Newbie Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian.Bernardo Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:17 pm

@Tovarisch - thanks man; we're still finalizing the materials but i'll keep you in mind once we have a green light.

@lpg_7578 - thanks; been into training/facilitating for quite some time and it's quite safe to say that things end up quite fragmented. We thought of this concept-training for one thing, that work should be humanizing...to think that one can find spirituality with work is not too far from that. Looking forward to meet you as well bro.
Brian.Bernardo
Brian.Bernardo
Newbie Soul
Newbie Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by sesamemucho Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:41 am

nice one bai! Corporate-Formative Trainings 506760 if you need someone with a 6 sigma black belt..

im not the one. Corporate-Formative Trainings 889349

but am very willing to help in any way i can to your worthwhile endeavor Corporate-Formative Trainings 220412
sesamemucho
sesamemucho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian.Bernardo Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:45 am

hmmm, 6sigma Black belt - mahal pare, haha
but your skills on developing sites would be of help later on Wink
Brian.Bernardo
Brian.Bernardo
Newbie Soul
Newbie Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by sesamemucho Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:10 am

Brian.Bernardo wrote:hmmm, 6sigma Black belt - mahal pare, haha
but your skills on developing sites would be of help later on Corporate-Formative Trainings Icon_wink

sige bro, tutulong lang ako. wala naman ako formal training when it comes to developing websites pero basta kayang butingtingin, count me in!

i'll include this thread in our next newsletter blast to all members here and to our facebook group as well. ( do you have the spare time to do it, bai? hehe Corporate-Formative Trainings 897142 )
sesamemucho
sesamemucho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian.Bernardo Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:51 am

Spare time? i just created one - i've deactivated my facebook account Wink
Brian.Bernardo
Brian.Bernardo
Newbie Soul
Newbie Soul